Grape Soda Club

Grape Soda Club

Monday, August 10, 2015

It's tomorrow!

I think I'm in denial.  No.. I am in denial.

I got my call today from the surgical center.  It was quite the conversation.  I was driving, so I pulled over in a neighborhood so I could write things down.  The woman was asking me all the normal questions "what meds are you on?" "Your husband is coming with you, right?"  Um.. no to that question.  I had to explain and then I told her that my wonderful mother in law would be with me.  I also told her that Dr. G said we could skype with Jon because he is out of town.  The next part was kind've ridiculous.

She was asian and her accent was thick- this is how the conversation went
woman: "So you have iphone?"
me: "No, we don't have iphones, but our phones can use skype."
woman: "But you can't facetime without iphone"
me "That's true, but we can skype- it's the same thing"
woman: "So, no iphone?"
me: "No, no iphone."
woman "oh.  But you will facetime?"
me: "yes- video chatting but with a different program"

lol.. I think we spent more time about discussing if I had an iphone or not than the more important info

Then she went on saying that we needed to be there by 6:30am.  Bah.  It's like 35mins away from here.  Early.  Then she told me that I have to drink 2 bottles of water starting from when I leave the house.  I remember last time that I had to go to the bathroom so bad after the procedure and I had to lay there for quite a while afterwards and I was just dying!  I pretty much begged to go to the bathroom and then they handed me a bedpan.. thanks.  Sorry, TMI.. but I had to tell the nurse on the phone today about this.  Then she said "you probably chugged your water"  ok?  I just don't want to go through that again lol... it was embarrassing.  So, here's to doing that again with hopefully a different outcome haha.

I'm sad that Jon can't be here, but I know that it will be okay.  This time around is so different.  I'm excited and so hopeful.  However, running around like a crazy lady with the twins takes my mind off of it (except when it comes time to do the shot!!).  

Wish us luck!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment